Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vancouver Adventure

When I arrived in Vancouver one week ago, I already knew that my luggage won't be here, because they told me so in Amsterdam. In spite of being angry about this fact, I decided to be as friendly and polite as possible to the lady who had to manage the luggage-transportation to my homestay for me. Since I was friendly, the lady gave me some kind of survival kit containing razor blades, toothpaste, a toothbrush, socks, underwear, a t-shirt (size: XXL). Furthermore, there was some make-up cream in it. In fact, I was very confused about the fact that they gave me a lot of women stuff such as body lotion.

However, after I arrived at my homestay family house, the only thing I really wanted to do was going to bed. The next morning, my hostmother told me that my luggage would arrive in the afternoon. After coming home at six o'clock, I decided to wait until my luggage will be delivered, but at 11:30 pm I went to bed anyway. Exactly at the time when I doze off, my hostmother knocked the door and handed out my luggage.

Nevertheless, the first few days here in Vancouver were very impressive and rather funny.

No comments: